All our professionals at Town Center Foot And Ankle maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry.
Peter M. Wilusz, D.P.M.
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Fellow - American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
SPECIALTY: Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery; Diabetic Limb Salvage; Trauma; Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Resident Education.
Date of Birth: August 14
Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan
Marital Status: Married, two children
- Oakland University
Degree: BS Biology (89)/Physics, biochemistry (96)
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Surgical Resident, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
Kern Hospital and Medical Center
- Surgical Fellow: Diabetic Limb Salvage and Rearfoot Reconstructive Surgery
Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
POST GRADUATE TRAINING/CERTIFICATION
- Fellow: American Professional Wound Care Association 2008
- Fellow: American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons 2006
Board Certified: Diplomate American Board of Podiatric Surgery 2006
Forefoot and Rearfoot Reconstructive Ankle Surgery
- Board Qualified: American Board of Podiatric Surgery Forefoot 2003
Board Qualified: American Board of Podiatric Surgery Rearfoot Reconstructive and
Ankle Surgery - 2003
Orthofix External Fixation Workshop. Las Vegas, NV. October 2003.
DePuy External Ring Fixation Course. UPMC,Pittsburg, PA. November 2004.
Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy Surgical Skills Workshop. Orthopedic Learning Center, Chicago, IL. January 2006.
CURRENT HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital- Pontiac, Michigan
Providence Hospital- Southfield, Michigan
McLaren Oakland- Pontiac, Michigan
Genesys Regional Medical Center
HOSPITAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS
- Podiatry Staff: Clinical & Surgical Instructor, Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital
- Private Practice: Clarkston, Michigan
- Clinical Director- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
Podiatry Staff: Clinical and Surgical Instructor Southeast Michigan Surgical Instructor
- Podiatric Surgical Residency 36 month.
- Member Credentials Committee- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
- Member Quality Council Subcommittee- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
- Member Safety Board- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
- Resident Research Advisor- Southeast Michigan Surgical Hospital
- Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery: Editor Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery 2006 - Present
Attending Lecturer- Providence Hospital Podiatric Residency Program
- Genesys Regional Medical Center Residency Program
- Fellow: American Professional Wound Care Association
- Board Certified: Diplomate-American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Forefoot Surgery September 1, 2006.
- Board Certified: Diplomate- American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Rearfoot Reconstruction and Ankle Surgery September 1, 2006.
- Fellow: American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery 2006
- Member: American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member: Michigan Podiatric Medical Association
- Member: American Diabetes Association
- Member: Professional Wound Care Association
Resident Education and Research
Diabetic Foot Complications
Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
Congenital and Neurological Lower Extremity Pathology
Arthrodiastasis as an Alternative to arthrodesis for Degenerative Joint Disease
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
Licensure State of Michigan #002033
Board Certified, FF/RRA American Board of Podiatric Surgery 2006
- 9/03 - Prospective Open Label Trial: Linezolid for the Treatment of Diabetic MRSA Infections. Ongoing Study.
- 2/04 - Re-Assessing the Impact of Diabetic Footwear. Podiatry Today. March 2004.
- 2/04 - Current Trends in Treatment of Common Sporting Injuries: Physicians Panel. Detroit Free Press. February 2, 2004.
- 7/04 - External Fixation: Is it the Answer for Diabetic Limb Salvage? Podiatry Today. July 2004.
- 11/04 - A Case Report: Synovial Chondromatosis of the Subtalar Joint and Tenosynovial Chondromatosis of the Posterior Ankle. JAPMA. Jan/Feb 2006.
- 3/05 - Acute Charcot: Is Surgery Indicated? Point Counterpoint Article. Podiatry Today. March 2005.
- 3/05 - Ankle Arthrodiastasis. American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Surgical Seminar Scientific Poster. New Orleans, Louisiana. March 9-13, 2005.
- 3/05 - Pedal Manifestation of Grave's Disease. American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Surgical Seminar Scientific Poster. New Orleans, Louisiana. March 9-13, 2005.
- Surgical Pearls: When Is It Appropriate For Arthrodiastasis Of The First MPJ?
Podiatry Today, September 2005; 26-30.
- 10/05 - Tips for Recommending Running Shoes. Podiatry Today, October 2005.
- 05/06 - Pro's and Con's of Antibiotic Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus. Podiatry Today.